Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I was standing in front of two actors...this is what they said...



Kiss Me, Kate is happening this weekend! I was lucky enough to get an interview with Casey Weems and Patrick Detloff, both holding the main parts of the play. This play is going to be one for the books, so I really don't think that anyone should miss this. Tickets are going fast, so be sure to get your tickets as soon as possible!

The video above will give you a general overview of the play as well as dates, times, prices etc.

I'm sad to say that it has taken me until my senior year of college to realize how many AMAZING events take place in the Fine and Performing Arts Center here at WCU. I'm so impressed with the amount of talent this campus has, especially in Musical Theatre. Help me spread the word about this play. These students have been preparing for months for these three performance dates that are about to take place this weekend.

I find musical theatre fascinating, not only because of the immense amount of entertainment that it provides,  but also because it's something that I could personally never do. I can't imagine being in front of all of those people, all eyes on you. I find that incredibly intimidating. I think it takes someone with a lot of personality and stamina to be in theatre, as well as being comfortable with who you are. What impresses me most about actors and actresses is that they can get up on the stage, pretend to be someone else and rock the performance. It seems like that would take a lot of guts and I admire that. I hope that someday I can have half of the fortitude that they hold.

With that said, go watch Kiss Me, Kate! It's going to be an excellent performance by our very own Western Carolina students. I don't think that you'll be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment