Friday, April 5, 2013

Standing in my happy place!

Below are some photos of me at my new job (well...not really new..but it still feels new and exciting) As I am going through my first year here at WLNK & WBT Radio with Greater Media, I'm constantly reminded about how lucky I am! I absolutely am so stoked about my job. If you knew me in college or even highschool (it all started with my senior project in 2007 on Journalism)  you know that all I wanted to do was be apart of the broadcast/journalism industry. I dedicated my entire college career to every extra student media outlet there was, paid or unpaid. My first year out of school, I landed a job in sales, which was great...but I was still disappointed that I may not get to do what I really loved after all. After countless interviews and being turned down one, after the other, after the other...I started to give up. When I got my final call back for this job..I had my last interview and just laid it all out on the table (I felt like a drama queen explaining how badly I wanted the job)...it worked and 8 months later, here I am and I have NEVER been more stoked about waking up to go to work in my entire life! Don't get me wrong, there are days that I feel like the paperwork will never end and it gets stressful...but even on those days, I just can't get mad!! I have the best boss and coworkers imaginable and I seriously feel like I learn something new almost every day. I'm in my happy place right now and I'm trying to not take this experience for granted! Our team comes up with all of the marketing and promotional idea's for both radio stations that we work under. From the elaborate events to the on-air contests...we coordinate it all! Throughout this first year I have done a lot of listening, learning, question asking (my poor boss is so patient with me...I really do ask a million questions), and absorbing the process of how things work. I remain pretty quiet at this point in the "idea meetings" and creative processes...as I'm still learning how each station works, what it's ticks are, our listener demographics and so much more. It pumps me up that I have a voice in my office. I get to interject thoughts and ideas and contribute. To see an idea become a reality - is the epitome of what I wanted in a career. Our radio stations play a huge roll in the community, we participate and partner up with several charities in Charlotte, witch warms my heart. I'm excited to finish out this year and dive straight into year #2 with these stations! My coworkers may be totally sick of me saying how much I love it here...but I know what it feels like to spend 40+ hours a week doing something that I hated...and this overwhelming feeling of gratitude hasn't gone away and I have been at it for 8 months! I'm definitely standing in my happy place!





 
St. Patrick's Day in Uptown Charlotte!

 
Getting ready for the Panther's Game!
 

 
Santa's Link to Kids! Collecting & Delivering present's for kid's in Charlotte with the CMPD!

 
Rob Schneider visits!

 
Holiday On Ice = Manual Labor ....cold Manual labor.


 
The Link Boo Cruise! Halloween 2012!
 
 
Food Truck Fridays!

 
Fashion Show's supporting Autism Awareness!

 
Link Easter Baskets!

 
Mustache Birthday Lunches!

 
Christmas with the boss!

\
 
Election Night - Long hours of social media

 
Event Pros!

No comments:

Post a Comment