Thursday, June 16, 2011

I was standing in a Rafting Outfitters...

Working...that is. Standing, not so much. The smell of summer wreaks of sweaty bodies in nylon personal flotation devices and Tuckaseegee water. Wait, let's not put a negative essence on rafting though, it does deserve acknowledgement for being promising entertainment for locals, travelers and visitors who are looking for a good time. I see people of all ages/ethnicities/and backgrounds come down the river; most...do love it.

I only say "most", because you'll get the occasional visitors that will come in, looking to broaden their horizon (which I do appreciate and admire) of interest and activities. These people, THE people, will ask questions such as:


"Will I be needing my keys?"

"What if a snake gets in my boat, what do I do?"

"Do you think it'll be okay to wear these high heels?"

or my personal favorite ..

"Is there a snack bar on the way down the river?"


Generally,while giving people the benefit of the doubt, you let some silly questions slide that may show a slight hint of ignorance toward the activity that they are about to encounter, rafting. However, I do think that if you plan on trying something new that you don't know anything about, at least take five minutes to google it.

I'm not saying this as to be harsh; I'm saying this because that's exactly what I did before I started this job.

Click here to view my first trip down the Tuck!   

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Rafting and guiding on the Tuckaseegee does sound pretty wild. I love your humor and style when you write-- it's fun.

    Nice picture, by the way.

    -et ;)

    ReplyDelete